The Lower Olentangy Watershed Action Plan
To show residents how to work towards a healthy watershed, FLOW helped create The Lower Olentangy Watershed Action Plan. The plan, which was endorsed by the Ohio EPA and the ODNR in 2005, identifies goals and strategies for improving water quality and protecting the natural systems of our watershed.
FLOW is very proud of our role in facilitating and in helping to implement this community-led process. Implementation of the action plan has continued for more than ten years with many items underway, accomplished and in effect. The accomplishments to date are the direct result of the close collaboration of local governments, organizations and individuals.
We encourage you to read the Action Plan to discover what we hope to accomplish and find out how you can help.
- Appendix A – FLOW’s By-Laws (119 KB)
- Appendix B – Structure Chart (78 KB)
- Appendix C – Demographic Characteristics of FLOW’s Study Area (97 KB)
- Appendix D – The Lower Olentangy Watershed Inventory (7.3 MB)
- Appendix E – Resources in Watercourse Protection Resolutions, Ordinances and Codes (196 KB)
- Appendix F – Conservation Easements (100 KB)
- Appendix G – Big Run Preservation Park Proposal (1.42 MB)
- Appendix H – ODNR Ohio Stream Management Guide (83 KB)
- Appendix I – The Importance of Imperviousness (559 KB)
- Appendix J – Franklin County Map of Septic & Sewer Sites within The Olentangy River Watershed (794 KB)
- Appendix K – Home Sewage Treatment Systems in Delaware County (2.74 MB)
- Appendix L – Educational Resource Matrix (120 KB)
- Appendix M – National Geographic Society River Poll, 2001 (487 KB) June 2005
The Watershed Inventory assesses the current state of the Lower Olentangy Watershed. It includes information on geology, hydrology, biology, water quality, and human impact. The inventory serves as the basis for our watershed action plan and other projects.
Table of Contents & Section 1 – Introduction (371 KB)
Section 2 – Watershed Physiography (1.24 MB)
Section 3 – Geology of the Olentangy River Watershed (1.66 MB)
Section 4 – Hydrology of the Olentangy River Watershed (524 KB)
Section 5 – Biology of the Lower Olentangy River Watershed (270 KB)
Section 6 – Human Impacts on the Lower Olentangy River Watershed (1.15 MB)
Section 7 – Water Quality in the Lower Olentangy Watershed (939 KB)
Section 8 – Selected Olentangy River Tributaries (287 KB)
Section 9 – Conclusions (285 KB)
Section 10 – References (166 KB)
Appendices (2.21 MB)